This term we are learning about the story of Creation. We have been identifying the things in our world which God made. We know these things are gifts from God.
During the Church’s season of Lent we are preparing for Easter.
We know that Jesus died and rose from the dead on Easter Sunday
Last week we had a speaker from the RACV to talk to us about Staying safe on the road.
She told us about seat belt safety laws in Victoria:-
Seat belts & child restraints
A summary of the key road rules for wearing seat belts and child restraints.
Everyone travelling in a motor vehicle must be wearing a child restraint, booster seat or seat belt that is properly adjusted and fastened.
The type of restraint to use depends on the person’s age and size:
- Children from birth to 4 years must travel in either a rear facing or forward facing child restraint. The type will depend on their age and size.
- Children aged 4 years to under 7 years must travel in either a forward facing child restraint with an inbuilt harness, or a booster seat.
- Children aged 7 years to under 16 years must travel in either a booster seat or a seat belt.
- People 16 years and over must travel in an adult seat belt
- Children under 145cm must travel in the backseat of the car.
Drivers are responsible for making sure that:
- all passengers are wearing seat belts or child restraints correctly
- there is only one person in each seating position and seat belt.
She also taught us how to cross the road safely.
Children were taught to – Stop, Look, Listen and Think before crossing the road.
This term we are learning about keeping ourselves safe at school, in our homes and in public places.
We are talking about Road safety, Fire safety and identifying the people who help to keep us safe.
Have a look at our safety songs.